Muggers in Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 29 December 2005 9.09pm
Have just witnessed (830pm, Thursday) 2 young lads on bicycles snatch a shoulder bag from a woman walking outside Browns on the water front by Shad Thames.

They were both white, aged about 16 and were gone over the footbridge before anyone realised what had happened. She was walking on her own and lost her mobile, credit cards and cash amongst other things - please be extra careful of cyclists approaching you from behind if you walk in the same area.
Friday 30 December 2005 12.51pm

I am sure they will be on CCTV there, so that should help catch them.

Perhaps we could bring back the stocks, and provide some entertainment for the tourists!

I love those judges in the States who do things like making people stand outside the shop they stole from with a sign saying "I am a thief".

Along the same lines, there was a great story over the weekend about a mugger from Naples who was seen stealing a handbag from a car by a magistrate who took him straight to court, and within 25 minutes, the guy was sent down for 6 months. Now that's justice.

Regards,

Loafer
Tuesday 3 January 2006 2.50pm

The young muggers on Shad Thames are a major problem. I've saw them steal 2 bikes off people who stopped to buy a drink. They have a habit of riding through the archway by the Pont de la Tour deli scattering the fruit and vegetables from the display stand.
Someone must know who they are.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: