Lettings Agents

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Car
Tuesday 3 January 2006 2.48pm
Hi all and Happy New Year

Can anyone recommend a good lettings agent (from a landlords point of view) in the SE1 area?

Cheers

Car
Wednesday 4 January 2006 2.21pm
PM sent to you,

Kirsty
Tuesday 10 January 2006 12.00pm
Hi yes Field & Sons in Borough High street are well established.in fact London's oldest.
Speak to a chap called Simon Rollings
Tuesday 10 January 2006 12.53pm
Jeremy

You are more than welcome to contribute to this discussion, but our rules require you to be honest about your affiliation to any business that you recommend on this forum.

[Jeremy is posting from a fieldandsons.co.uk email address]

I've removed your duplicate messages from very old threads on the same subject.

If you had said "I'm from Field and Sons, and we can help", that would be fine.

But wording your message as though you were a disinterested third party is not OK, and it makes the forum less useful for everybody if people abuse it in this way.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 10 January 2006 12.56pm by James Hatts.
Tuesday 10 January 2006 12.55pm

As you work(ed?) for Field & Sons, I don't think your view can be taken as independent.

Shame on you for bringing the reputation of a well established local business into disrepute.

Loafer
Car
Tuesday 10 January 2006 1.22pm
Hi All

Cheers James for pointing out Jeremy's connection for me! I must say it has backfired and made me reluctant to consider that particular agent if they have to go to such undercover means to obtain clients!
Tuesday 10 January 2006 3.18pm
to be fair, field and sons are one of the better agents i've used as a tennent, charge much less agents fees, and generally very helpful. plus they have some lovely properties and aren't evil like foxtons.

i don't work for them. or foxtons.
Tuesday 10 January 2006 10.07pm
Hmmm - in my experience Field & Sons are not dissimilar to a teapot made of chocolate. Having said that, I've yet to hear anything quantifiably positive about any Managing/Letting Agents wherever they may be ... see Threads passim.
Wednesday 11 January 2006 10.52am
from a tenant's point of view Williams Lynch in Bermondsey St have been excellent for us. As our landlord is very nice (shock) and he places all his properties with them, I think they must be good for landlords too. They are on Bermondsey St.
*edited to say I have no connection, apart from finding my flat through them...*

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11 January 2006 10.55am by fabhat.
Wednesday 11 January 2006 10.57am
Hi all, I would suggest to stay clear of Black-Katz Ltd. Our experience was that they aim at signing as many contracts as possible and then you're on your own! we had to void our tenancy agreement and now both us (tenants) and the landlord are battling to get our fees back! I hope this helps :)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: