Times & Telegraph Eat Out for £5 offers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 5 January 2006 12.04pm
You may have spotted this offer has just started up again - has anyone tried this in previous years? Do you get something off the 'real' menu typically, or is there a special mouthful-size scrap menu reserved for the bargain-hunters?

Not too many SE1 venues at first glance, but a good excuse for a quick trip across the river perhaps (is it allowed to say that on here?).

SE1 restaurants listed in the paper were

Bengal Clipper, Shad Thames
Browns, Shad Thames
Castle Tandoori, E&C Shopping Centre
Georgetown, London Bridge St
La Dolce Vita, London Road

I don't know if there are more listed on the Times web site, the restaurant search crashed when I tried it!

No connection etc etc, but wishing I hadn't done this just before lunch, I'm getting very hungry now
more info at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/eatout

bon appetit
mark

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 7 January 2006 12.25pm by James Hatts.
Friday 6 January 2006 8.15am
Some years ago I tried the list (when I had time and inclination) and it's a very good deal. The menu is usually restricted (ie. you dont get to have caviar and lobster on the whole) but it's a good incentive to try out the ambience of difference places just to see if it would be nice to go there at proper prices another time.
Saturday 7 January 2006 12.39pm
The Telegraph published the list of participating restaurants for their 5 offer today:

Belushi's
Hara The Circle Bar
Imbibe
Imperial Tandoori
Rock The Boat
Silka
Tas Borough High Street

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 7 January 2006 4.19pm
Belushis? You can eat in there?

Blimey. I thought the place was more about exhaling food that consuming it.
Wednesday 11 January 2006 10.30am

I have in the past used the Times coupons in the Bengal Clipper. On saying I wanted the Times meal a special menu was produced, printed on a small card - very much the poor relation of the usual (but more expensive) large menu. The choice of food on offer was restricted, as might be expected, but it was however very good. Well worth a visit.
Thursday 12 January 2006 10.35am
Just had to look to see what Hara was. Found out that they do:

<<draught continental largers and British Ales on tap.>>

Anyone for a big drink?

=================================================
also, for anyone with turkey withdrawal, the Imbibe website is still advertising their Xmas meal deal

...if you press it, they will come.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12 January 2006 10.38am by Ivanhoe.
Thursday 12 January 2006 12.32pm
Is La Dolce Vita any good?
Jac
Thursday 12 January 2006 12.50pm
williamn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is La Dolce Vita any good?

yes, very friendly and efficient staff and their specials are always good but the bill can easily add up a bit
Thursday 12 January 2006 1.35pm
I went to Dolce Vita a few years back and we had to wait for 90 minutes before being served the starters. How difficult is it to cook pizza and pasta, I can do it within 20 minutes! I never returned but living very near that restaurant for 10 years, I have noticed it is always empty, a bit too dodgy to me...Castello is a better bet but I am afraid not in the Times offer.
Thursday 12 January 2006 4.59pm
We have never had to wait that long for food or drink, we find it very pleasant
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: