Non-Smoking Pubs/Restaurants

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 4 December 2002 9.56am
Can anyone recommend a pub or restaurant in SE1 that is smoke free or am I asking too much?
Max
Wednesday 4 December 2002 11.04am
The restaurant that featured on the Borough tv show is non smoking its next to the Borough market and I think its called Silka?
Wednesday 4 December 2002 11.31am
Wednesday 4 December 2002 1.55pm
I went to Silka for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and it was, to be honest, a little disappointing. A tad overpriced for what it was. The menu was v interesting, but not very well executed. The starters were good, but the mains were a little dry - bread was very dry, my lamb was overcooked and dry.

It's an interesting addition, but they will need to get the quality up a little. I wouldn't rush back, but may try again in 6-9 months.
Friday 6 December 2002 4.29pm
Thanks for your comments Nick, we are veggies, so it sounds that Silka wouldn't be best for us anyway.
Max
Monday 9 December 2002 2.35pm
I thought that Silka was a Thai or Indian restaurant and therefore would be ideal for veggies.
Thursday 12 December 2002 10.35am
They do have veggie dishes on the menu, but we didn't pick them. So don't be put off just because of that.

It is mainly Indian, but no so much tandoori chicken starter as lemon sole wrapped in banana leaf (which I had, and was quite nice).

The restaurant is non-smoking, and the bar that you pass through to get to it does allow smoking.
Tuesday 24 December 2002 6.47pm
Tizzy,

You may want to try the restaurant on the top floor of the Tate Modern.

The foods good, prices are reasonable, the view is magnificent plus its one of those rare restaurants in SE1 / London that is totally No-Smoking.

Like you we are seeking Pubs / Restaurants with a Non-Smoking area, but unfortunately at the moment they appear difficult to find.

If you find any good one's, let us know. We would like to go out more often.

Alec
Friday 27 December 2002 9.51am
Thanks Alec, we will give the Tate a try.

We used to go to The Vestry next to the Tower of London, but I think it may have closed now as their website is no longer working and the telephone number doesn't work. It's such a shame.

It's so difficult to find a pub that has a no-smoking policy near us!

Tizzy.
Sunday 5 January 2003 6.50pm
Tizzy,

We dined at ASK last night. Its next door to the Design Museum right on the Thames. Nice location.

If you haven't eaten there they have a large non-smoking area well away from the smokers. Its primarily a Pasta and Pizza place with most dishes under 10. Pleasant atmosphere. You may want to give it a try.

Alec.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: