Wedding dress (getting rid of one)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
ADT
Tuesday 10 January 2006 1.14pm
Has anyone got any tips on places that might be interested in buying a (used) wedding dress?

Usual thing, bought new, worn once, now hanging up in the guest room and unlikely to be useful to us again(!). We have tried Ebay at 1/2 and then 1/3 of the as new price without much luck, and none of the wedding dress shops we have contacted deal with secondhand dresses.

It's a nice dress and although we aren't really interested in keeping it, we don't want to sell it stupidly cheaply. Does anyone know of a dress maker or a shop that would be interested?

Adam.
Tuesday 10 January 2006 1.23pm
how about Loot...free advertising...sticking a notice up in the ante-natal clinic?
Jac
Tuesday 10 January 2006 1.35pm
I had mine made into a Christening gown not used until some years later. I know this option will cost money rather than gaining you money, but it is a nice way to make use of a dress that was otherwise may not be used again
Tuesday 10 January 2006 7.32pm
I can't vouch for them but a friend of mine suggested an online site called www.clothesagency.com. It might be worth investigating.

Or check yellow pages for "Dress Agencies" as they tend to handle "nearly new" items and "occasion wear"
ADT
Wednesday 11 January 2006 9.20am
Thanks all. I will investigate. Further suggestions also appreciated though!
Anonymous User
Wednesday 11 January 2006 9.30am
Have it dyed and altered so that it is a party frock?
Friday 13 January 2006 3.30pm
I am planning to get married this year- would I fit in it?
Anonymous User
Friday 13 January 2006 3.51pm
That I would love to see!!!

Congratulations Maurits x
ADT
Monday 16 January 2006 1.42pm
Maurits: it's a size 8. I will pm you a link to Ebay (we just relisted it as Ebay had a January sale on listing costs).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network