Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10
Friday 13 January 2006 10.05am
It seems the C10 bus route, which services Victoria, will be extended from Elephant & Castle to Canada Water via Borough Station, Long Lane, Abbey Street, Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Street. And also be diverted via County Hall instead of operating direct via Lambeth Road as today.
Target date March 2006.

Can anyone confirm that this is certain to happen and also the target date for starting the service? Also I assume that this will be single-level buses only? If anyone has more information, please share with me.

Friday 13 January 2006 10.16am
I don't think it's 100% confirmed yet - there was a consultation period which I think ended recently. Both Simon Hughes and Val Shawcross have been lobbying for the extension I believe.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 13 January 2006 10.19am
This was on the Trinity Newington Residents Association website:
"Long Lane Bus Extension
The consultation for extending the C10 bus from Victoria to Surrey Quays, via St Thomas Hospital, Borough High Street, Long Lane and Abbey Street ends on 16th December. People should email or write to Simon Hughes simon@simonhughes.org.uk if they wish to support the proposal."

http://www.theredlondonbus.com/ServiceChanges.html suggests 30 September 2006 for the change.

Friday 13 January 2006 11.58am
Consultation?

I live just off Lambeth Road and use the C10 regularly. Yet these proposals are news to me.

There are huge estates just off Lambeth Road which are poorly served by public transport. We have already lost the 159. Who can I put my arguments to?

Sarah
Friday 13 January 2006 1.40pm
a site called the red london bus says it is changing from 30/9/2006. in the southwark News there has been quite a bit on this- ithink the idea was to give people in the Bermondsey area better access to St Thomas' and to Surrey Quays shopping centre. The elephant to victoria part is very well used so i would have hoped they would have replaced this?
Friday 13 January 2006 1.40pm
I also use the C10 every day to and from work in Victoria.
Its the first I've heard although I'm currently working in Holborn for 3 months before a return to Victoria. Would appreciate any more info.
Friday 13 January 2006 2.01pm
this is what is on the aforementioned site:

Route C10: 30 Sep 2006: Route Extended from Elephant and Castle to Canada Water via Borough Stn, Long Lane, Abbey St, Bermondsey and Rotherhithe St.

a site linked to it mentions it will be going via county hall and says it is changing on 18th March 2006!! (the info I had seen beofre said it was going to be from March)
Friday 13 January 2006 2.21pm
I presume from the "extended" element that the service will still run from Victoria to Elephant, it will just then carry on to Surrey Quays etc rather than terminating, so the service to Lambeth Road shouldn't be affected. Maybe I've got this wrong but it doesn't seem to suggest any negative impacts on the existing service.
Friday 13 January 2006 2.28pm
This will be the only bus to use Long Lane - hope the bus stops are sited well as it does clog up easily as it is quite narrow in places - is there anything that shows where they'll be?
Friday 13 January 2006 2.37pm
Flick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so the service to Lambeth
> Road shouldn't be affected. Maybe I've got this
> wrong but it doesn't seem to suggest any negative
> impacts on the existing service.

The proposal is for the route to serve St Thomas' and County Hall (see above)

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: