What's your favourite Street in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Friday 6 December 2002 11.37am
Ignore congestion charging for a minute, let's talk about our favourite streets in SE1.

I think my favourite is Theed Street - it's similar to Whittlesey Street and Roupell St in having attractive victorian terraces but is a bit more hidden and has more variety. My girlfriend's favourite is Copperfield Street for similar reasons.

What are other people's favourites and why?
Friday 6 December 2002 12.27pm
cornwall road
Friday 6 December 2002 12.34pm
Mark

Why?

The White Hart ? The Bus Garage? Konditor and Cook? The Barbers? The nursery? Iroko Housing? The scouts? Gateway to the Southbank? The funny gate in the middle behind which they were making scenery the other day? The boarded up flats?
Friday 6 December 2002 1.31pm
it has to be Waterloo Bridge, for the views.
Friday 6 December 2002 2.15pm
Greet Street, off the Cut.
Friday 6 December 2002 2.47pm
Stiofan

Is that the Street which has the Young Vic's ringfenced strorage yard on it?
Friday 6 December 2002 3.01pm
when i get to lnodon the first thing i want to do is leave, when i visited bermondsey street, i didnt feel irritated by the "hussle & bussle".
it was a very pleasent place to be. i hope all of SE1 is like that
Friday 6 December 2002 3.20pm
Yes, it's Greet!

Sorry, feeble joke, but I can't help putting my awful Scottish accent on and saying - That's a Greet Street!!

Ho Ho....or maybe not.

Desperatly trying to think of a truely great street but can't - to be honest I love the Thames walk as I'm still a tourist really!
Friday 6 December 2002 4.59pm

Walk North on Great Guildford Street and before you hit Sumner Street you suddenly get this fab. and really unexpected view of St Pauls in the distance between the buildings.

or...

some of the streets North from Union street with multiple rail viaducts overhead.

...but best of all is the street outside the Market Porter on Friday night with a pint in hand, (not on a freezing night like this though!).
MM
Friday 6 December 2002 7.03pm
Bermondsey Street. Definitely. Especially 8am on Friday mornings, when the market is on.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: