What's your favourite Street in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Dan Dare Friday 22 August 2003 2.06pm
Shad Thames all day long for me (always loved it) although Bermondsey Street is really improving all the time... Only been on Bermondsey Street for 9 months (work not live) and was really surprised at how nice it really is (visitors to my office say the same all the time).

With The Kitchen, The Garrison, Delphina et al things are going in the right direction... Still get the odd loon but hey, this is London.
hamish Monday 1 September 2003 1.08pm
Snowsfields was my immediate choice and I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. As well as the gentle curves to the street and the almost stately Guinness Trust Buildings I remember the interesting side-street cul-de-sac ending at the Horseshoe Inn (is that still there?).

My wife and I have been living in Sydney for the last three years, but before that we were in Weston Street, Borough and we often think fondly of SE1 as simply the best spot to live in London. We may yet return!

I was vaguely aware of the se1 website but I've only just stumbled upon this forum and it's been most enjoyable checking out the area through its "grass roots". Looking forward to reading more.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions