Gladstone Arms, what happened?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 16 January 2006 5.16pm
I popped into the Gladstone Arms on Lant Street on Friday night. It has had a disastrous refit, one single bare cold room, which somehow seems smaller than the previous 2-room bar. The clientele have voted with their feet: we were the only customers.
Monday 16 January 2006 5.59pm
Shame. I used to have gay ol' time in the Gladstone, tho' is was never that full. One of the only non-sleazy gay places in SE1 (Man Bar... Fort...) where you could escape from the hetties if you wanted to! (no offence intended people...)
Tuesday 17 January 2006 9.09am
What's Man bar like?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 17 January 2006 10.16am
Um..try their website and you'll get a flavour of the place. I haven't been but it doesn't seem like the place for a quiet drink. I think its safe t say its along the line of The Fort.
Tuesday 17 January 2006 4.23pm
Isn't a Man Bar a 'Yorkie', Ivanhoe?
Wednesday 18 January 2006 9.34am
Yes. We can't understand you people from the other side of the Penines

Wednesday 18 January 2006 10.00am
Penines?!

Is that some term used at the Man Bar?
Wednesday 18 January 2006 12.07pm
No. It was an entirely innocent remark based on the fact that Julie's from the Lancashire side of the Penines, whereas Yorkies are from the Yorkshire side of the Penines.

Wednesday 18 January 2006 1.05pm
That'll be the Pennines, then.

;-)
Monday 30 January 2006 12.01pm
The Gladstone Arms has indeed had a terrible refit, alienated all their previous customers and hardly has any one in it at all these days. I cant see how it will stay open for long !
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: