Whale in the Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 January 2006 3.19pm
if you can get down the Thames sharpish you might be able to catch yourself a tropical fish that would really impress the neighbours...

Friday: "Whale spotted in central London"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4631396.stm

and in the News section on here, of course...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20 January 2006 3.44pm by James Hatts.
Jac
Friday 20 January 2006 3.38pm
[quote markandjoan]if you can get down the Thames sharpish you might be able to catch yourself a tropical fish that would really impress the neighbours...

I think that one might be a tad too large for the tank!!
Friday 20 January 2006 3.44pm
http://lewiswhalewatch.blogspot.com/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 20 January 2006 4.48pm
Now that's what blogs are for! Gripping stuff, I don't like the 'blood in the water reports' though, can't be a good sign, can they?
Sunday 22 January 2006 10.43pm
From the SE1 News Page, about the commuter on Hungerford Bridge who initially saw the whale, "The man phoned British Divers Marine Life Rescue to say "Unless I'm hallucinating, I've just seen a whale swimming up the Thames, by Waterloo Bridge" at 8.30am on Friday morning - thus sparking a two-day rescue effort".

Is it just me, or do most people know to call the British Divers Marine Life Rescue Team when they become aware of a whale related incident in central London? Or did Yellow Pages come up with the suggestion of who best to call (I sense an advertisement opportunity here)? Perhaps he had the number on Speed Dial (Be Prepared)?
Sunday 22 January 2006 10.52pm
Some reports say that he called the police, which certainly seems more probable, but I've seem someone at BDMLR quoted as having taken the call.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: