NEW YEAR'S EVE

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 December 2002 11.27am
As the topic of a night in SE1 seems to have quietened down, I thought I'd start a new one - on the subject of NYE. This is also posted in the SE1 clubnight thread. There have been a few developments, but still some logistics to sort out, so below is the most up to date info.

I have the possibility of hiring the Elusive Camel - a mere 10 minute walk from London Bridge tube for a NYE party. The hire cost would be very low meaning we can do tickets which are nice and easy on the pocket for everyone.

The idea for this party has come about as a lot of people I know are looking for something to do in London, don't necessarily want to go out in Central London, go clubbing in the larger clubs, or pay huge ticket prices, but still want to party with cool, friendly people, great uplifting music, and see the New Year in, in a relaxed stylee.

We would need 60 people minimum to come along for the evening - we would have the run of the place, but the party would be based upstairs - the room with the comfy sofas. Me and my dj friends would aim to bring some of the funkiest, quality, fantastic uplifting housey tunes of the year (with the possibility of funk flavours earlier in the evening) for your enjoyment.

The pub are negotiating their licensing hours at the moment so they are to be confirmed. We also have to check out the noise regs, but if we can get a late enough license, are allowed to give the music the volume it deserves, and there's enough interest, then we are go!

If you're interested in coming along NYE. post/email, and let me know.

PS: Fifi (from SE1 thread) suggested it as a venue for a night next year - am popping in this week, so will keep u posted on whether that could be a go-er.
Tuesday 10 December 2002 1.32pm
And if anyone knows of any outdoors events on 31 Dec in SE1, please post 'em!
Monday 23 December 2002 10.51am
Is the Elusive Camel party still going ahead? Sounds like a nice vibe. Any more details available yet?
Monday 23 December 2002 7.08pm
Hiya all,

Just a quick update to let those who are searching for a New Year's Eve party...who don't necessarily want to go out in Central London, go clubbing in the larger clubs, or pay huge ticket prices, but still want to party with cool, friendly people, great uplifting music, and see the New Year in, in a relaxed stylee...

Sophie DJ presents

LOUNGE DISCO upstairs at the Elusive Camel

Sophie dj, Nick Corcoran and Tom Savigar invite you to see in the New Year to some of the finest funky beats and soulful disco house beats with a latin and brazilian twist.

8pm-2am
Upstairs at the the Elusive Camel
Tooley Street
SE1

Strictly no entrance after 10pm
Tickets in advance 8
Call 07973 632 576 for tickets or more information
Tickets can be collected from the Elusive Camel prior to NYE
Please don't call the pub for tickets

We now have the run of the pub, but numbers are limited, so please call sooner rather than later to ensure your entry on the night.

Fellow partygoers, this is a very special party for very special people, look forward to seeing you soon.

Sophie DJ
Monday 23 December 2002 7.11pm
So in answer to your question, details for NYE above!

Sophie
Tuesday 24 December 2002 12.18pm
How much for tickets on the door Sophie?
Tuesday 24 December 2002 7.11pm
Hi Tizzy, tickets on the door, as with ticket are 8. Numbers on the door will be strictly limited though, so try and get them beforehand if poss. Give me a call on number above if you wanna meet to get them, I will be around and happy to meet up from 28th-31st.

Happy Christmas!
Sophie
Monday 30 December 2002 11.39am
Hi there,

Anyone still interested in NYE, but unable to purchase tickets beforehand, please give me a call with your guestlist names to ensure entry on the night. Numbers on the door strictly limited, and no entry after 10pm but if your name is down, you will be able to come in!

Happy New Year!
Sophie

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: