Potters Fields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Tuesday 24 January 2006 11.19am
I just had an e-mail from Karen Oh' Toole saying that Berkeley homes have conceded that they can not go ahead with the current proposal because of the opposition to it.
But it will be given planing permission ,and southwark council wouldn't have cooperated had Berkeley tried to go ahead with it any way.

I think this is course for couscous optimism.

Edited 3 times. Last edit at 24 January 2006 11.27am by mickysalt.
Tuesday 24 January 2006 11.39am
That's good news Mickey/Michael!

I'm afraid I can't resist this though: can I buy some of that 'couscous optimism' in Borough Market?
Tuesday 24 January 2006 12.05pm
...And my name's not Oh'Toole either. But the optimism is good. You've been very busy this morning I hear Michael, my phones not stopped ringing...

What shall we do next?
Tuesday 24 January 2006 9.14pm
James Hat must have messed my spelling up.

I think its sort of strange that John prescot should give planing permission for something that even Berkeley homes admit isn't right.

It all sound very party political

a labour government mustn't give in to a liberal demarcate council.

Or somthing

and he probably thinks any one that complains is a Tory

Why can't John precot just admit that southwark council were right to refuse planing permission.
Wednesday 25 January 2006 12.11am
If you can find a connection between Prescott and Berkeley I'd love to hear it. The inspectors report says Prescott gave erroneous reasons for deciding the appeals himself just over a month before the inquiry began. It doesn't give any more detail except that the inspector corrected the 'error' at the start of the inquiry. Michael, You were there weren't you?
Wednesday 25 January 2006 10.31am
I wasn't saying there is a connection between precott tand Berkeley I was just questioning why he is giving planing permission to something that's not right and know body wants.
Friday 3 February 2006 3.22pm
I posted this on another thread earlier concerning Berkeley and Potters Fields. Info from the council:

'Regarding the latter, (executive meeting)a report on joint working with Berkley's MAY be going to the Exec on the 14th Feb. (its not yet decided) If it does, part of the meeting will be open, part (where financially confidential matters are discussed) will be closed to the public.'

If this is confirmed I think we should send a delegation.
Karen
Friday 3 February 2006 4.27pm
Never, never doubt the one-hand-washes-the-other situation between Berkeley/St.George and the ODPM. The major developers and the Government are always going to be interdependent and scratching eachother's backs. That's just the way it is.
Friday 3 February 2006 4.55pm
Jackie Wrote: "The major developers and the Government are always going to be interdependent and scratching eachother's backs. "

Definitely...here's a bit of Berkeley Homes December '05 interim financial report:

"The planning regime remains slow
and challenging in places, but we accept this as a consequence of the local democratic processes involved and welcome the growing understanding of the benefits urban regeneration can bring to existing communities. I am heartened by the renewed commitment of central Government, the Greater London Authority and many local planning authorities to bringing old redundant brownfield sites back
to lifeā€¦." said Roger Lewis, Chairman.

Good to see a Labour government maintaining its indepenence from big business...

Anyone can express their views directly to Berkeley via Charles Calverley, their main liason with the council on 01732 227500 - A very charming man. Or email: kellie.mcmanus@berkeleygroup.co.uk
Saturday 4 February 2006 6.36pm
S E has a cunning plan ,but Im not sure what it is.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: