Apache over SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 26 January 2006 2.40pm
Just saw an Apache (or similar attack helicopter) flying low over bankside - seemed a bit incongruous!

There's been a lot of military choppers round the last few days, saw a chinook last night and something camouflaged earlier today.

I know there's more troops heading to Afghanistan, have I missed an uprising or something taking place in Surrey too?
Thursday 26 January 2006 2.51pm
Not seen the Apache but I did hear the Chinook last night - they have a very distinctive sound... I understand that when they are over London its either troop movement or spook related... they often signify a ramping up of activity - could be Afghanistan or Russian rock related?? I'm not overly keen on Chinooks over such a populated area as they have a propensity to fall from the sky...

I'm in an office very high over London so I probably see more aircraft movement than most... however as I have been working hard (!) and not looking out of the window (!!) I have only really spotted the very large airborne Qantas ad being flown over central London (including SE1)... Happy Australia Day! :)
Thursday 26 January 2006 3.34pm
Don't know about the Apache but the Chinook often flies over SE1 whilst approaching the Horourable Artillery Company's barracks between Bunhill Row and the City Road, behind Moorfields. Why they can't take the tube like everyone else I just don't know. Maybe its just that helicopters are so much more..........butch.

Thursday 26 January 2006 5.24pm
I hope this apache did exist and wasn't a flashback to 'Nam... Though they're a bit more modern than that aren't they anyway? Should point out it looked LIKE an Apached, not an expert on such matters as you can probably tell...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: