Leathermarket Gardens

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 10 December 2002 1.30pm
I am really worried about the Gardens. I read on the Village Hall noticeboard that the "bunds" (those little hills) are to be removed. Does anybody know anything about this? I am in the process of writing to the council but have heard nothing to confirm/disclaim the above. I have written strongly objecting. Does anyone feel threatened by these land masses? I certainly don't. If somebody was to lie in wait on the other side of one of these hills and then charge over you in attack, they'd have the disadvantage of having run up and down a hill, having been lying around on wet grass who knows for how long. I just can't see it myself.

They'd be better of springing at people from behind buildings. Obviously we can't remove all buildings, so why these little hills?
Tuesday 10 December 2002 2.13pm
Has any one been mugged by exceptionally athletic muggers on these 'ere bunds? do they run over the top shouting Geronimo? how bleeding stupid....they should close mermaid alley in case any one gets mugged and the arches should be closed.....close the tennis courts in case someone gets hit by a stray tennis ball...etc.....
Tuesday 10 December 2002 6.05pm
I love those little hills. If you feel threatened by them, don't walk through them!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: