A loved Borough resident is leaving the Borough after 18 years...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 28 January 2006 12.24pm
Dear all Borough residents

I am not sure if this is the correct place to write this, but I wanted to make sure that everyone knew about the fact that Fr Liam (Parish Priest from the Precious Blood “O'Mera Street/Redcross Way”) is leaving shortly.

Fr Liam Talbot is going to Dublin to continue his vocation from God's calling. He will be dearly missed, though fully supported. Fr Liam is leaving one day next week (weekday), so the big farewell will take place tomorrow after the 11am mass. People are invited to join everyone at St Joseph's School (12 noon approx) to share a celebration of the 18 years that Fr Liam has been in the Borough and the work that his had done!

We are also collecting money for which Fr Liam can buy something that he would like and enable him to remember us! (You can still give donations to this!) Though I imagine that he will probably spend a bulk of the money on transporting his vast collection of elephants in which he has collected over the years!!!

At the same time we will be providing Fr Bill Harrison (who is going to be the Parish Priest) with a very warm welcome.

We have been striving to give Fr Liam a huge send off, and I am writing this message, as I want everyone to have an opportunity to say their goodbyes and express their best wishes. It would be great for all to come - whether you are a parishioner, shop owner or local resident who knows him.

So please can anyone who knows him come along and share the special day. There will be food and drinks (provided by volunteers) - though you are welcome to bring along more, as there will hopefully be plenty of people!

Michelle
Monday 30 January 2006 10.20am
James, do you think the Google ad that's currently coming up under the article on here about Fr Liam is entirely appropriate!!
Monday 30 January 2006 10.24am
Thanks; I've added it to the filter - it should disappear soon.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 30 January 2006 10.38am
and now there is a "clergy abuse lawyers" advert on this very page!

Fr Liam was very well loved in the area. It's good to see his retirement covered on this site.
Tuesday 14 February 2006 3.29pm
Does this mean Fr Liams flat will be for rent? I'd consider converting. I'm desperate to find somewhere decent to live before The Church Commisioners sell me out of Trelwaney House...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: