Security firms or locksmiths for SE1 block?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 February 2006 3.45pm
hello se1-ers,

I was wondering if any forum members may be able to recommend trustworthy and competitive security firms/locksmiths. We are planning to get quotes for new security provision for our block of 16 privately owned flats (we need new locks/keys, new gates/doors and possibly their advice on additional security measures.) We are in SE1 (Old Kent Rd) so this firm needs to be willing to travel there. Possibly they will be a local company, but this isn't essential.

I seem to remember some prior discussion of this on the forum but can't find any messages about it.

your advice would be most appreciated...
Thursday 2 February 2006 3.51pm
Here's a thread from last year which you may be thinking of:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/37084

And another older thread:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/29310

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 2 February 2006 3.53pm by James Hatts.
Thursday 2 February 2006 5.48pm
hi

there is a locksmith in great suffolk street, near the junction with southwark bridge road, called G Worrall (tel 020 7407 8498)

i went there to get spare keys cut for my flat as well as getting keys to the bin stores and they were really helpful. i think they also do a locksmith service too
Thursday 2 February 2006 9.35pm
I would also recommend G Worrall or Charles Collinge 020 7787 0007, charlescollinge.co.uk. They used to be a big Lambeth company but moved to SE5 a few years ago (but don't hold that against them!) I'm not sure if they offer a 'fitting' service or if they just supply the ironmongery. They supplied all the locks for our block of flats ten years ago and have always been very helpful with any queries/spares/replacements/new fits we have had since.
Friday 3 February 2006 2.26pm
this is great, thank you all.
Friday 3 February 2006 3.35pm
I also really recommend Worralls- I'm in Elephant and they fitted my new locks promptly and professionally.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: