Mini cab firm

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 2 February 2006 6.00pm
Can anyone recommend a good reliable mini cab firm that operates in the Borough area ??
Thursday 2 February 2006 6.15pm
have always used london bridge cars and found them to be reliable and good value - 0207 357 0008.

no connection - just a happy customer - they got me from SE1 to gravesend when i had pleurisy and they made sure they sent a people carrier so i could lie down!
Thursday 2 February 2006 6.18pm
second that - [not the experience with pleurisy, but the good service from London Bridge cars].

no connection etc...
Friday 3 February 2006 8.31am
I have used Waterloo Cars on Southwark Bridge Road a few times and they have always been on time, not too expensive etc. I've used them for alot of early mornings etc and they seem reliable even out of hours. They are on 0207 407 3456. No connection etc etc.
Friday 3 February 2006 8.55am
We use Waterloo Cars, but I'm rethinking this, as the drivers are always on their mobiles.

...if you press it, they will come.
Jac
Friday 3 February 2006 9.32am
I use waterloo cars and Express 0207 403 3333. Waterloo cars are generally cheaper, relaible and available. Express have slightly smarter cars, cost a little more and very reliable. However they have a lot of account customers and at peak times give priorty to them so sometimes it is not possible to book a taxi for cash. As a non driver who has used taxis in this area for many years, all firms seem to go through peaks and troughs with reliability and service, I guess due to turn over of drivers but it is these too frims that have stood the test of time the best for me.

Ivanhoe I haven't used waterloo cars for a month or so but haven't noticed them using mobiles before to any great extent perhaps if this is happening regularly it is worth complaining to the controller. Also now that mini cabs have to be lieceineced, if no action is taken then it may be worth reporting further. I hate drivers that still use their phones (non hand free) whilst driving they are a menace.
Friday 3 February 2006 10.51am
Jac,

We use them around once a month. I cannot remember a time when the driver was NOT regularly on and off his phone. One driver had 2 phones on the go at once.

I have always asked them to stop. I have also called the office and asked the same thing.

No joy.

I have a few friends who've been knocked off by drivers on phones, and I also see it every day (as I'm sure you do, cycling). The thing is that it annoys me almost to the point of irrationality ("Oh no. That can't be possible!" I hear you say) and I end up so wound up that by the time I have to ask the man to stop it's too late (for me to enjoy the ride).

...if you press it, they will come.
Jac
Friday 3 February 2006 3.30pm
I have a few friends who've been knocked off by drivers on phones, and I also see it every day (as I'm sure you do, cycling). The thing is that it annoys me almost to the point of irrationality ("Oh no. That can't be possible!" I hear you say) and I end up so wound up that by the time I have to ask the man to stop it's too late (for me to enjoy the ride).[/quote]

I completely agree with you Ivanhoe have just come back from 10 mile cycle ride and needless to say encountered one driver (white van man) being a menace cos hes on the phone and not concentrating on the road. If calling waterloo cars office has had no joy then why not report them to who ever it is that licences the mini cab firms. Also if it happen again make a not of the registration number or drivers id as reporting a specific driver may be more productive
Friday 3 February 2006 3.57pm
Southwark Cars on TBR are good - we often use them. I still get the phone problems sometimes - but I've found you get that everywhere - in black cabs too, and it's very hard to know what to do. If you make too big a fuss, I fear being turfed out in a dark and lonely part of town (north london obv)
Wednesday 8 February 2006 10.28pm
I recently used Downtown Cars and was impressed with the speed and cheapness of the service. Surrey Quays shopping centre to Bermondsey St was 5 in the evening. Their number is 020 7237 2626
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: