Freeview reception in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 4 February 2006 10.35am
Is anyone else having problems?

For the last few weeks have been getting none-existant/very ropey reception on BBC1 & BBC2. Have tried two receivers now and the still no picture on BBC1/2!
Saturday 4 February 2006 11.06am
use a signal booster
Saturday 4 February 2006 11.43am
For digital signals?

Is it possible that the signal is too strong though?
Saturday 4 February 2006 12.19pm
Do you have a computer modem near the receiver?? I found that when I use my computer, it interfered with mine!!!
Saturday 4 February 2006 2.01pm
we gave up on freeview because of the ropey reception and unpredictble picture (plus it was sometimes impossible to tape on vhs). Gave in and got cable. The digital signal on either cable or freeview seems to result in some pixellation and occasional sound lag on any channel. Not sure it's an improvement on good ol' analogue.
Saturday 4 February 2006 3.56pm
I have a Bush freeview box and use an indoor aerial. Reception is crystal clear on all channels.
Last week some channels were re-assigned such as:
Men and Motors is now on Ch 35
More 4 + 1 is on Ch 31
E4 + 1 is on Ch 32

There are also some other changes none of which appear on the Freeview site:
http://www.freeview.co.uk/channelchanges/channelnumberlist.htm
If all the channels listed above don't appear in your channel list, then doing a First Time Installation
should solve it. Sometimes you may have to repeat the installation 2/3 times before all channels appear.

A possible cause of poor reception is the scart lead. Invest in a good quality one and make sure the
connections are a tight fit
Disturbing the lead can loosen it and cause poor picture or sound.
Saturday 4 February 2006 6.26pm
I don't think the signal can be to strong for free view.

Phony is probably right though I noticed that I can now get BBC four ,and its position has changed.
So I think they have altered the frequencies ,so a replace existing channel search should sort it.
Jac
Saturday 4 February 2006 6.37pm
we have two free view boxes in our house, one has signal booster on the areial other doesn't we need anoyther signal booster!
Tuesday 7 February 2006 9.26pm
Thanks for everyone's replies; it was the signal booster that worked in the end!

The reason that I was sceptical was that the signal was always fine until a few weeks ago - I can only put it down to the new buildings and cladding on them at the More London development as we live right behind it. Maybe I should send the 17 and half quid receipt for the signal booster to them..
Wednesday 8 February 2006 2.04pm
Channel 5 seesm to have gone missing the last week or so - no signal at all... the signal is variable in SE1 (although I had no problems previously on a set top ariel amongst the tall buildings by Euston Road...)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: