Washing Machine Rental

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 6 February 2006 1.16pm
Hi everyone,

The washing machine in our flat has broken down and my flatmates and I were thinking of renting a washing machine instead of buying,
I am having difficutlies however finding a Rental Company that covers the SE1 area.

Can anybody help at all - or give any recomendations.

Many thanks
Dan
Monday 13 February 2006 6.39pm
Sorry! complete waste of money if you rent for longer than a few months and I do mean few! Club together and buy one on interest free credit somewhere. Don't bother with those silly insurance policies sellers love to offer-another waste of money too!
Tuesday 14 February 2006 1.31pm
I happejn to think that renting a washing machine is great - I've done it now for probably 20 yrs. I rent mine and a tumble dryer from Boxclever - try their website. Any time it breaks down, they just come and fix it, no extra cost. The amount if times I've bought one and it's broken down just after the year is up!!!
Tuesday 14 February 2006 2.13pm
yennig wrote:
I happejn to think that renting a washing machine is great - I've done it now for probably 20 yrs. I rent mine and a tumble dryer from Boxclever - try their website. Any time it breaks down, they just come and fix it, no extra cost. The amount if times I've bought one and it's broken down just after the year is up!!!

If you have rented one for 20 year why would you also buy one which breaks down after a year???
Wednesday 15 February 2006 9.24am
Sorry Yennig-but do your sums.Rental is currently minimum per month 14.99( ex rental not new)=180! You can buy a machine for not much more-219 Servis machine at Argos and probably cheaper online. If you do go for the 3 yr warranty that's only 64 extra so iIm sorry I really do think it's money down the drain to rent (sorry no pun intended) We used to rent our TV unitl I did the sums and bought one. After month3 we were quids in and touch wood no repairs yet after 2 years!
Even if you had the bad luck to buy a machine and it needed repair after 1 year it still works out very expensive to rent. I have now owned/used 9 different washing machines(some included in rental property) and have only had one repair job ever!That cost me 60.Still cheaper than renting!
Thursday 16 February 2006 1.30pm
Hi, everyone - thanks for your replies.

We have now bought one for 179 - which isn't bad between 3 of us.
We were thinking about renting though because if one of us leaves how do you split a washing machine?
Friday 17 February 2006 12.15pm
Why don't you get your landlord to pay for the new machine. It is not luxury...!
I have had mine for 9 years and it never had any problems even though it gets through lots of cycles with 4 flatmates sharing it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: