Car alarms

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 7 February 2006 4.32pm
A car alarm kept me awake most of last night on Alma Grove - not happy! I think Southwark have a kind of 'noise police' who deal with this kind of thing, but I do not have their number and have no experience of dealing with them. Is it worth a call or should I just put my fingers in my ears?!

Thanks
Tuesday 7 February 2006 5.33pm
This was right outside my house last night - we moved into our back bedroom and closed the door!!

I noticed this morning that the car had a Southwark Council ticket on it, something about nose pollution, so they must have done something.
Tuesday 7 February 2006 6.12pm
Southwark have a 24-hour 'environmental health' department, who do actually pick up the phone (or return answerphone messages) at night to look into noise.

I've found them to be really helpful on a couple of occasions, but it can take them some time to get round, depending on how busy they are. Call 020 7525 5777.
Tuesday 7 February 2006 8.44pm
The noise team are very helpful. We had a car alarm going off a couple of weeks ago, all over the weekend. We waiting until the Monday, because we thought the owners might be away for the weekend, but on Monday night finally cracked and called the noise team. Once they arrived and witnessed it, they came back an hour later, and because it was still going off, broke into it (carefully) and disabled the alarm. They then left a note for the owners - so it's definitely worth giving them a try.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: