Dry cleaners, Snowsfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 February 2006 11.02am
Has anyone here used the dry cleaners on snowsfields (v near guys hospital), i think it's called state cleaners or similar?

it's close to me, but the last time i used it was when i lived i n the area about 4 years ago! Just wanted to know if it was any good - reasonable prices?
Friday 10 February 2006 2.41pm
I used them in the summer. I thought I'd give them a try rather than walking past with a bag of dry cleaning every week.

I showed up to pick up my cleaning only to find they had closed early and without warning! After getting up very early next morning to go pick up my cleaning I found that it was not done as I had requested (no starch in shirts although it was promised), and they didn't put my things in a bag.

It is quite possible I simply had a bad experience, but I have not gone back.

I can't believe nobody has thought to put a dry cleaners in one of the small premises on Bermondsey street.
Friday 10 February 2006 11.29pm
I needed a pair of trousers lengthened (turned down) by 1 inch last year so I took them to state cleaners, as they are nearby and instead of lengthening them they cut 1 inch off of them.

It took me 4 weeks to get my money back and also the cost of the trousers, which they grudgingly give me.

If they had done them correctly, the stitching they had done was complete rubbish.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: