Lib Dem Policy allows strippers on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 11 February 2006 11.02pm
According to the Labour leaflet I just received. Well, good for the Lib Dems!

Really, is this the worst thing that affects the Riverside ward? According to the Labour leaflet it must be as it is the only thing on the front page of their 2 page leaflet. It goes on to say that "Thanks to the Lib Dems' licensing policy, in future, young children from the age of four, visiting the many any local attractions, will have to pass it". Apart from being an appallingly constructed sentence, why wont children under the age of four have to pass it? Do they have an alternative route down Tooley Street? I must be told!

As one of the seemingly few people who believes that Tony Blair is doing a good job and is still the best person to lead the country, why is the local party such a shower of s****?
Saturday 11 February 2006 11.05pm
Where's the venue? Do tell!
Saturday 11 February 2006 11.09pm
Rembrandt's - the boarded-up premises next to On Your Bike. Formerly the Blue Olive.

The licensing wrangle has been going on for ages.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11 February 2006 11.15pm by James Hatts.
Monday 13 February 2006 12.20pm
presumably, like any other such place, you won't be able to see what's going on inside, from the outside, so I don't see the problem. Plus would a four year old kid know what was going on there if he (or indeed she) could see it anyway?
Monday 13 February 2006 12.41pm
Although the kid might have quite a laugh the next time it saw a fireman sliding down a pole ;-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: