Cinema at Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
MM
Tuesday 24 December 2002 3.49pm
Does anyone know what the building work that is going on at the elephant and castle Cinema is all about?

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Wednesday 25 December 2002 5.13pm
MM,

Its my understanding that the old cinema is being converted to a night club which will be an extension of the Ministry of Sound group.

Alec.
MM
Friday 27 December 2002 6.08pm
cheers, Alec-

shame its not going to be a cinema again. It would be nice to have a cinema at elephant.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Friday 3 January 2003 2.59pm
there will be a cinema on the site as well.
you can read all about it in this fridays south london press

rob
Friday 3 January 2003 3.02pm
Or on the SLP website by clicking here:

http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0300southwark/page.cfm?objectid=12498740&method=full&siteid=50100

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 3 January 2003 5.38pm
The Coronet located on Elephant and Castle roundabout, and reopening in early 2003 will prove to be one of London's formost multi purpose venues incorporating a multi level dance club (ie, not just one major dance space as per a usual superclub), a 592 seat cinema and also concert venue. I am pleased to say that the major 2m refurbishment project is nearing completion and I have very exciting plans for this major new South London venue, both in establishing a dynamic programming mix for the cinema, live music venue and dance club but also in attracting Londoners to this central location. Pure Management, my appointed management operator will be operating the venue across all areas of activity but this is an independently owned venue and I look forward to The Coronet playing its part within the significant cultural and economic regeneration of Elephant and Castle.
Dominic Madden
Managing Director
Coronet Refurbishment Ltd
28 New Kent Road, London, SE1

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: