Unicorn Theatre - bizarre orientation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 February 2006 6.45pm
Does anyone else think that the way the Unicorn theatre is orientated is bizarre and without any consideration to local residents/businesses that are located at, or have to walk past, that end of Tooley Street?

Any aspirations for that part of Tooley Street to improve have been blown away by the ugly back end of the theatre building complete with wheelie bins which belong on a backstreet not a main thoroughfare with shops, restaurants and homes.
Thursday 16 February 2006 9.52am
Sorry about the current impression of the back of the theatre. At the moment, as you can see, Vine Lane is providing access to the More London development at the rear. We do have a space for bins on the north face of the building, but we can't get access there for a few more months. I hope the rear of the theatre will be much more attractive once the building works around us have been completed.
Thursday 16 February 2006 10.56am
It may just be because the sun is shining today and spring feels like it may finally be around the corner, but don't posts like the one above make you feel pretty good about the world ?

It's the thing I like very best about this form - a valid question about the area we all live in, being answered fairly and helpfully. Makes any amount of rants / raves / spam / cider talk entirely worthwhile.*

[*TVFIC on that last one, for the avoidance of all doubt ]
Thursday 16 February 2006 11.32am
Wow - thanks Chris, I take back my "lack of any consideration" comment. As Siduhe says, it restores your faith somewhat.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: