Painter needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 17 February 2006 10.40am
Can anyone recommend a decent painter that they have used recently? We need a room plus large cupboard painted inside and out
Thanks
Saturday 18 February 2006 4.38pm
I can recommend a painter who did some decorating for me recently - Sam on 07810 647 620. His English is not so great but his decorating is beautiful and he's quite clean and tidy, hurrah!

Cheers

Jessica
Tuesday 18 May 2010 1.59pm
I also can recommend Andrew from Decorating Solutions, busy man but does unbelivable job, with perfect finish no hassle and for reasonable price . His number is 07737836921 really good man
Tuesday 18 May 2010 2.50pm
do people seriously register on this site just to post dodgy recommendations which are clearly not unbiased recommendations but mere plugs for their own/other businesses?

However, if anyone does genuinely need a painter and decorator, I can highly recommend a chap called Darren whom we recently had do some decorating work for us. Darren painted a huge shelving unit (see my post on here when I recommended the carpenter who built it) which had lots of cutting in and which needed undercoating and priming. He achieved a very good finish and I was more than happy with the work he did and the price. I am hopeless at these things and would much rather pay someone else to take the hassle and he did a very good job. He was very tidy and covered everything. I would make the distinction though that you get what you pay for. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but you can obviously get decorating done at a cheap price (80 a day or thereabouts) or you can spend a bit more (110). What you pay is reflected in the finish, believe me, as I have used cheap and slightly more expensive decorators.It all depends on the quality you want.

Darren's prices are reasonable and you get a very good finish for your money. I would highly recommend him.

His number is 07879 233 900
Wednesday 19 May 2010 10.02am
Hi Bmovie,

I'm a local painter/decorator.I'd be happy to come and give you a quote.I've already done work for other forum members.If you go to the 'living' section at top of page,then click on trades,then painting and decorating and finally to the thread 'getting recommended' you can see.

Many regards,

Paul
Wednesday 9 June 2010 12.22am
I have recently had my apt painted by Jim of Building Services. I am very pleased with his works and was very trustworthy. Tel No 07737602313

Hope this helps.
Wednesday 9 June 2010 7.39am
I can recommend Paul above - he has done a couple of jobs for me and has been very good

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: