Free single bed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 17 February 2006 1.44pm
Hi
I have a single bed free to anyone who would like to collect it. I have dismantled it, it is white wood 'colonial' style by Next and is really nice if slightly cosmetically damaged. It has wooden slats rather than springs. It does also have a mattress which is rather soft and springy but is in great condition too.
If you want it, you may have it... I live in Southwark Street
Monday 20 February 2006 10.04am
hi kerryl
do you still have the bed availble
regards
irwin
Monday 20 February 2006 10.11am
I still have it, and have interest from one other person. BTW when I say 'Colonial' I mean that is the name of its style in Next...its really nice ...whoever comes first may have it! You can see it on the Next website.
Monday 20 February 2006 10.39am
Kerryl, I sent you a Private Message, did you get it?
Monday 20 February 2006 2.39pm
I have had quite a few private messages on this bed issue, and said the same to everyone, just that it was still available if wanted .....and I posted on here it was first come first served. I am sorry if I have misled anyone into thinking anything else than that.
As pointed out, I seem to have mis managed multiple requests.
Monday 20 February 2006 2.59pm
Thats not actually true kerryl, you did say more than 'just that it was still available'. I dont know what you said to anyone else afterwards, but you did (at 9.29 this morning, ie. before you made the above post saying 'first come first served') offer me the bed, your exact words were: "I am happy for you to have it" which seems to me to amount to a firm offer, and as at 10.11am you mentioned that only one other person other than Irwin was interested, that must have been me. So I am VERY aggrieved that you then gave it to someone else (incidentally not Irwin) who hadn't even expressed an interest at that point, and now you cant even be honest about it.

At least you are decent enough to say a partial sorry. Too right, you have mismanaged multiple requests. Normally people offering things makes me feel uplifted by peoples' kindness and helpfulness, and thats how I reacted when I first saw your posting, but not now, I feel messed around and angry.
Monday 20 February 2006 4.02pm
I am sure you do not want it, but the bed is available if you do .
Monday 20 February 2006 4.27pm
If you are offering it to me again, then yes please I do want it. I've had a look on the Next website and its looks great and just right for my room. You should have my email address (I sent it by PM, do get in touch again if you haven't got it) so if you email me I can email you back and we can sort things out about collection, and also I hope sort things out so that we can all feel good about this again. I will obviously try to collect it asap.
Monday 20 February 2006 4.31pm
I am so glum at getting into such a muddle with this, yes please have it. I have lost the address as I have deleted personal stuff, this being work.
My son and I can help you carry it to your car.
E mail the private thread and I will send you address etc.
Thanks
Anonymous User
Monday 20 February 2006 4.33pm
Not like you to sound so angry TUMJ especially as it appears (here anyway) to be no more than a misunderstanding.

Have to say if I was kerryl the bed would be at the dump by now!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: