video/dvd rental

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 6 January 2003 11.59am
Anyone know of a video/dvd rental shop, preferably between London Bridge and Long Lane and between Borough High Street and Bermondsey Street?
Thanks!
Monday 6 January 2003 12.18pm
Modern Videos on Tower Bridge Road is the nearest place I think. A bit grubby and run down but not bad. Just past Bermondsey Square...
Monday 6 January 2003 12.24pm
They're apparently gonna open a new branch of 'Modern Videos' at the junction with jamaica road and tooley street (where the fish n chip shop and chinese takeaway is) in the near future.
Thursday 9 January 2003 8.34pm
John Harvard Library on Borough High Street. OK selection, quite esoteric, and only 2.25/ week!
Monday 13 January 2003 4.10pm
Blockbusters now have rental on-line and at a number of petrol stations in SE1. Of course it's better to support your local retailer so give Modern Videos a try.
Monday 13 January 2003 4.12pm
I tried the John Harvard library on Saturday and was actually quite impressed. Seeing as it is more or less next door and only 2.25 per week I think I have found the answer. Many thanks to all.
Monday 13 January 2003 8.57pm
I joined the John Harvard today, a suprisingly modern selection of videos and DVDs.

There's also movietrak.com - 3.25 a week, DVDs mailed to you. I've heard it's a good service, and a very wide range of titles.

c.
jac
Friday 17 January 2003 7.39pm
someone could make a killing opening a large video rental shop in this area. The unlet unit at the borough end of long lane would be perfect. The library and modern videos are fine to begin with but you soon run out of choice.
Kit
Monday 20 January 2003 7.27pm
I'd recommend http://www.dvdsontap.co.uk they've got a much better selection than any video/dvd store in the area, but are subscription only, from around eight pounds a month, for an unlimited number of rentals.

Sunday 2 February 2003 11.09am
Just discovered a brand new dvd/video store which has opened at the junction of Queen Elizabeth Street and Shad Thames, called 'The Circle Home Entertainment'. It's run by the same people who operate Tower Video on Jamaica Road. They've got a huge selection of DVD's and are really nice people too! Tel 020 7357 7337

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: