Dentist Recommendation?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 21 February 2006 8.55am
In SE1 or beyond if necessary... I need some fairly significant work done (two crowns replacing) and don't mind paying a bit more for a good job - am currently registered with NHS dentists on Kennington Lane and while I have no complaints whatsoever, am thinking going private for this one might be worthwhile.

So - any experiences, good or bad?
Tuesday 21 February 2006 10.05am
Edward Chater
Borough High St
Haven't got his number to hand-sorry.
Excellent and opens at 8am so very good if you want to go to work on time. Hence he closes at 4pm. Currently one of the few dentists actually taking on more NHS patients. A miracle elsewhere it seems.Going private does not always = better treatment.
Tuesday 21 February 2006 11.13am
Thanks for this Christianna - Borough High Street would certainly be convenient, though I suspect this would be a day-off-work job anyway... And I guess thats another general question I have, does private = better in people's eyes? Any further advice welcome.
Tuesday 21 February 2006 11.43am
Going private = more options.
Tuesday 21 February 2006 11.52am
Can you elaborate? I am really in the dark over this, when I first got them done it was six years ago, I was at uni and got pointed in the direction of someone related to the dental school... So starting from scratch now!
Tuesday 21 February 2006 12.00pm
I believe the NHS restricts some of the options for materials and techniques, eg. white fillings only allowed on certain teeth etc. There were also certain things not allowed regarding crowns, but I cant remember exactly and I'm probably also out of date - my last visit to the dentist was years ago and I think I need to go and see Mr Chater too!
Tuesday 21 February 2006 12.11pm
I went to see Dr Chater a couple of years ago as I couldn't see my regular dentist and was in a lot of pain with my wisdom teeth. He recommended surgery and prescribed antibiotics. When I visited my regular dentist about six months later, he felt that surgery would not be appropriate as I was suffering the usual problems with wisdom teeth which would get better with time and so surgery was unnecessary. I have not been back to Dr Chater since.
Tuesday 21 February 2006 12.13pm
So who is your usual dentist deepali, would you recommend them for this type of thing...?
Tuesday 21 February 2006 12.25pm
According to the NHS website, Mr Chater isn't registering charge-paying adult NHS patients, but it doesn't say how regularly the site's updated...
Tuesday 21 February 2006 12.58pm
I thought he was past practising age! mr chater i memories not as reliable, but i am sure i went with a friend of mine in 1964 and he seemed elderly then.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: