Coronet Closed?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 22 February 2006 5.25pm
Can anyone tell me what's happened to the Coronet? Has it closed down? None of the web address' I thought used to go to their site seem to work now. Couldn't find a listings anywhere.

Any ideas?
Wednesday 22 February 2006 5.36pm
No idea re web info, but the actual building looks as open as it ever does (i.e. slightly unkempt, but the lights are flashing...)
Thursday 23 February 2006 11.59am
I think it is still open. I saw tickets on sale on ticketweb for a cuban ska evening. I haven't seen any other sites which sell tickets to events at the Coronet.
Thursday 23 February 2006 2.45pm
It seems to have been closed for about six months until just the last couple of weeks. I can see the neon light from my window, and it has definitely only just come back on in the last week or so.
Thursday 23 February 2006 4.44pm
The Coronet have new owners and are finishing off refurbishments. I know they have Lost Vagueness in April so I guess it'll be open from then on for live music, club nights and all night cinema events from what i've been told.
Thursday 23 February 2006 6.43pm
cuban ska???
Thursday 23 February 2006 9.59pm
The Coronet seems to have had a rough journey since the original re-opening. Didn't it close down for some time before due to money problems?
Thursday 23 February 2006 10.11pm
Yes the Coronet did close down and is reopening soon under management. They are hosting a number of events in the 'La Linea' festival.
Friday 24 February 2006 9.17am
janefs wrote:
cuban ska???

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 24 February 2006 11.52am
Trikky - can you elaborate on Lost Vaguness being there? As in the Glastonbury-based party? Have heard good things about LV, would be very interested in coming along...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: