Tabard Tower blue box

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10
Saturday 25 February 2006 1.33pm
Looking out the window last night I was immediately struck by the enormous blue lit rectangular glass box on top of Tabard Tower. It hides the water tank and the window cleaning contraption. Have to wait for tonight to see if it's going to be a permanent illumination. Looking out the kitchen window on the other side is the blue lit Tower 42 (formerly NatWest). I suppose being bang in the middle we are protected from low flying aircraft or UFO's. That's a relief anyway!
Saturday 25 February 2006 3.25pm
I hope its not going to be permanent. Looks brutally ugly.
Sunday 26 February 2006 8.27pm
I really like it
Sunday 26 February 2006 8.29pm
What is Tabard Tower? Have tried a search on this site and on Google, and found nothing!
Sunday 26 February 2006 8.43pm
Try Tabard Square - it's the Berkeley Homes development at the top of Long Lane.

Taken from the roof of St George's RC Cathedral, Lambeth Road, a few weeks ago.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 26 February 2006 10.28pm
First saw it Thursday night I think - a wonderful addition to the local night-skyline.

Just looked out and it is still there. Yay!
Sunday 26 February 2006 11.09pm
I liked it at first - for about 30 seconds. Now I cant bear the thought of that ostentatious blue intrusion in the night sky peering in at my windows from high up, every night for the rest of my life.
Sunday 26 February 2006 11.13pm
Maybe its cool from a distance. Sadly I am not viewing the tower from a distance. It's intruded on my sunshine and sky in the day, now it's intruding in the night as well.
Monday 27 February 2006 1.59pm
Noticed last night it was a much deeper shade of blue, not quite so slap-in-the-face as the bright turquoise it was before.
Monday 27 February 2006 2.30pm
I was wondering whether or not it was just my imagination telling me it was a bit deeper.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: