The Lord's Prayer Southwark Cathedral style

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 February 2006 8.15pm
Our farther who art in real-estate, hallowed be thy price ,forgive use our carbuncles as we forgive those who refuse planing permission against use.for thine is the sales pitch the profit and the margin. For ever and ever our money.

Hmm not exactly the teachings of Christ.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 28 February 2006 8.18pm by mickysalt.
Wednesday 1 March 2006 1.16pm
I think the title of this is a little unfair. It is the Church Commissioners, NOT Southwark Cathedral, who are the people involved in this.

The Church Commissioners are a separate body, not under the control of the church, and I have often wondered where they get their ideas. So far as I can see their only argument is that, like any other charity, they are required by law (and the Charity Commission) to maximise revenue on their assets, which rather overlooks using money wisely...

But please do not blame Christians for something over which we have no control!
Wednesday 1 March 2006 1.26pm
I suspect Micky's post was inspired by the news of Renzo Piano's 'sermon' (that's what they're marketing it as, but it's just a talk/lecture really) in the cathedral as part of the Architecture Biennale:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2023

and also the All Hallows Copperfield Street saga last year.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 March 2006 2.23pm
I was also commenting on the Copperfield St park plan.as well as there suport for Thames Link.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 1 March 2006 2.37pm by mickysalt.
Thursday 23 March 2006 6.16pm
Hi mickeysalt

I have just seen your posting and I'm pretty insulted by it. You seem to be attacking the Christian prayer here. Why do you feel you can do this with a prayer which we hold sacred. You wouldn't dare do this to another religion.

I realise that you are peeved by their decision but think twice next time before insulting the Christian religion please!!!
Friday 24 March 2006 2.06pm
Doesn't Mickeysalt make a good point. His satire is about the organisation that is the 'christian church' not the visionary and idealist who started it all. Some might say that the 'Christian Church' has moved a long way away from those visionary ideals. A bit like New Labour.

Regards

Niall
Friday 24 March 2006 2.45pm
Hear, hear Niall.

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: