Frozen Council Tax

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 1 March 2006 5.57pm
Am I a little dim? Or is our council tax NOT increasing this year? Could someone please help me out.
Wednesday 1 March 2006 6.16pm
Council tax is going up - the GLA portion is increasing (65p per week, I think, including the Olympic levy).

It's just the portion of council tax that is actually set by Lambeth and Southwark that has been frozen - as it says in the first paragraph of our story on the subject.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 March 2006 6.25pm
As I understand it, Southwark Council has confirmed that the portion of the council tax which goes directly to Southwark Council won't increase.

However, your council tax bill as a whole is made up of several bits, not just the Southwark Council bit - it includes charges for the fire and police services as well as for the Mayor of London (the Mayor's bit is going up by 13% this year according to the news story on the webite), so the overall amount may change.

Edited to say that James got in there first - and his reference to the GLA is more accurate than my reference to the Mayor of London !

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 1 March 2006 6.40pm by Siduhe.
Saturday 11 March 2006 9.49pm
Funny - I haven't even received notification of the new council tax for 2006, despite sending an email asking them where it has got to. I notice it has been outsourced, so perhaps that is the problem. I expect I will receive demands the day before it is due that I haven't paid, but what do I do if they don't send me the notification???
Saturday 11 March 2006 10.01pm
call them up and ask speak to someone regarding your council tax, don't forget to take down the person's name you spoke to and the date and time

www.promomat.biz - affordable wooden dolls houses with furniture and dolls, pirate ships and educational board game. Been caught out with forged notes we have the solution Check-a-Note counterfeit money detector - we found it so effective that we decided to become resellers. Even used by the House of Lords!
Saturday 11 March 2006 10.20pm
thanks, global - think I'll phone them on Monday first thing!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: