New development on Pages Walk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 6 March 2006 7.23pm
Just received notice from Southwark Council that a developer has bought the site of the TNT depot on Pages Walk aka Marshall House, and is proposing 2 6 storey blocks of flats plus 1 4 storey block, totalling 130 new flats. This will be quite a big development, just behind Bridge View Court. My water pressure is not that brilliant now so I dread to think what it will be like once the residents move in ....
Monday 1 May 2006 7.52am
hi, has anyone seen any further update on the pages walk development on the current site of the TNT depot. I've not been able to confirm if planning permission has been granted. There were some workers 'drilling' on the empty site on grange road / pages walk a few weeks ago - does anyone know of plans to build on there?

Along with the site next to futura house and now on the courner of grange road and spa raod, it looks like its going to be a bit of a building site for the next couple of years.
Monday 1 May 2006 9.19am
Do we dispair that we are being overbuilt, or do we rejoice that we are where it's at and that everyone else wants to live here.....discuss.
Tuesday 2 May 2006 8.44am
Where exactly in the TNT depot? Is it that empty side next to Grange Road on the corner of Pages Walk?

Personally I think more flats is a good thing provided (a) they provide enough key-worker/affordable housing and (b) they make an effort to ensure amenities (such as water) aren't disrupted. People = a decent local economy, new shops and restaurants, etc. and increased safety.
ADT
Tuesday 2 May 2006 11.45am
The TNT depot is on the opposite side of the road and further down from the empty site on the corner. The empty bit on the corner use to be (in part) a petrol station.
Tuesday 2 May 2006 11.58am
Does anybody know what that empty site is going to be used for? I'm amazed it hasn't been snapped up by a developer yet.

Chris
Tuesday 2 May 2006 1.14pm
I wonder if its because it looks like you have to allow access to the place behind it, which practivcally runs through the middle of the site. I predict that the whole light industrial units in the TNT/Plumb center will be raized to the ground beforre long for more 'luxery apartments'...although a developer friend tells me the Access storage building (ex Sarsons factory) will never be converted as storage is too lucrative to change its use.
Tuesday 2 May 2006 1.59pm
As land price rise, it wouldn't suprise me if the light industrial units re-locate further away from Central London to make way for more flats. So far, I think the scheme in Bermondsey have been pretty good (I quite like the architecture of the Artesian building), I just hope the planners included green spaces and go for buildings with some architectural merit rather than just 'cram em in' towers.

Chris

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: