Bizarre-looking woman plastered in black hair dye and make-up

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 8 March 2006 2.16pm
Who is this extraordinary-looking woman I often see around the Elephant shopping centre? She is thin white woman, maybe late 40s who has caked her hair in gloopy black dye, and often her face too. It makes her look like something from a minstrel show, or Papa Lazarou from the League of Gentlemen.

Alarmingly, she followed me home down New Kent Road the other day and started asking me if I liked coffee. I think she was asking me out.

Wednesday 8 March 2006 2.44pm
I saw this woman at the bus stop outside the Volvo dealer on New Kent Road - she asked a woman for 20p and said she had liver problems. When I turned round and saw her I must admit it gave me a fright. My bus arrived before I had the chance to embarrass myself by staring at her.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 3.05pm
I saw her briefly, my eyes must be bad I thought she from mauritus, i noticed her short plastered hair, i thought the poor soul was just very wet, she was asking for money, she looked at me though and thought i looked a poor old cow and passed by me and agressively asked some people at the bus stop!
Wednesday 8 March 2006 3.11pm
No, she is very light skinned, European I am pretty sure. But sometimes she has the black stuff caked on her face as well as hair.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 4.40pm
I'm glad someone else has posted this.
My fiance and I call her the crow lady and I had a bad experience with her a few days ago when she latched onto me and got right in my face, deliberately to frighten me. I was shocked and really really shaken by the experience- I presumed she must be schizophrenic and having a manic episode- fiance saw her the day after outtside the minimart at Metro Central Heights and she was much calmer he said and less scary.
She told him she used to be in the police and then looked skywards and clarified this with 'In the helicopter squad).
She then asked him for 20p which freaked him out a bit as he did have a 20p coin in his closed hand.
A friend tells me that schizophrenics often try to cover their heads- this is a symptom of the illness- and the boot polish on head could indicate this.
I've never seen her before and I've lived here a year. Any idea where she lives?
Wednesday 8 March 2006 5.02pm
She is usually to be found somewhere around the Shopping Centre and the New Kent Road. When she followed me home down NKR the other day babbling about coffee, she wandered off down Falmouth Road. So she could live on the Rockingham Estate, Heygate, even Metro Central Heights.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 5.12pm
Andrew H wrote:
When she followed me home down NKR the other day babbling about coffee, she wandered off down Falmouth Road. .

OK, you've rumbled me. I give in. It's a new look, but it obviously isn't doing anything for me.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 5.38pm
Surely she's lost - and should be directed back to the London Dungeon where she'll stand outside, and 'direct' the sprawling queue of sad looking tourists extending down Tooley Street.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 6.16pm
Ivanhoe - you didn't tell us the mother-in-law was staying?!
Thursday 9 March 2006 11.10am
But surely Ivanhoe wouldn't babble about coffee ... unless that was part of his cunning disguise
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: