Simply Indian price increase

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 13 March 2006 1.12pm
Ordered a take away on Thursday night and was a little taken a back when the bill came to 17.50 - the identical meal that I ordered 2 weeks ago (and on many occasions over the last few years) cost 14 - that's a wopping 25% increase.
I know the food is good but is that sort of price hike justified?
Jim
Monday 13 March 2006 1.38pm
It's the Berkeley barometer effect...
Tuesday 14 March 2006 12.41am
I saw that one coming a mile away - they didn't set up there early for no good reason! ;-)
Tuesday 14 March 2006 11.12am
I also ordered from Simply Indian the other week and thought that is was expensive and very small portions. Food was good though.
Tuesday 14 March 2006 1.17pm
sorry if this is slight off topic but... I bought two bottles of lucozade from Costcutter on TBR for 99p two weeks ago. Yesterday (under new owners) it cost 2.18.

120% price increase!
Tuesday 14 March 2006 9.28pm
Their prices may have gone up a little, but they still deliver the best curry in SE1!
Wednesday 15 March 2006 8.08am
They may also have faced a rent review (hike) themselves and are forced to pass on the cost in order to stay in business. This happened to the Bengal Clipper on Shad Thames a few years ago. Went from being outstanding value, given the food and quality of surroundings to being average value (IMNSHO).
Wednesday 15 March 2006 9.38am
I guess he had to put prices up to finance that beautiful, new Bentley Continental. Hell, I don't mind paying over the top to support his gas guzzling monster
Wednesday 15 March 2006 11.58am
you guys want to try to curries at indian summer (westen st) or The Blue Eyed Maid (does a delivery service when its not busy!!!) worth a try.... the chef is very good...
Wednesday 15 March 2006 7.12pm
havent tried indian summer but was very disappointed with the blue eyed maid...usual precooked sauces a la brick lane and not very good at that
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: