Charity shops

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
nickyb Monday 13 March 2006 1.51pm
Hi

I've finally persuaded my husband to sort out his old clothes and we've now got about 5 bin bags full of items he never wears anymore. It seems like such a waste to just bin them - there are lots of good labels in there! - so wondered if anyone knew of any charities that would come and pick up from us? We are just off Bermondsey street.

I don't have a car so impossible to carry all the bags along to a nearby shop! so, any suggestions of any organisations that would come and take away clothes that would be great.

thanks!
Lil Wolf Monday 13 March 2006 2.50pm
Hi Nicky

I had the same plight before the holiday as we had about a dozen bin bags and some wardrobes and sofa chairs to donate. The only place that I could find that actually came to collect (without a fee) was:

Sense Charity Shop
329 Walworth Road
London
SE17 3TG

Tel: 020 7708 3333

If my memory serves me correctly, they do pick ups once a week (not sure what the day is), but will usually only come if you are donating furniture as well. Luckily we did, so it wasn't a problem. I'm not sure if their policy is the same now, but it's worth a call. They were very friendly and glad to have the donations. Good luck, hope it helps!

Lil
Jan the old one Monday 13 March 2006 3.12pm
I saw a charity shop in Tower Bridge Road, called Hotric....I have never been in so do not know what charity they support, near the hairdressers revival.....
Pops Monday 13 March 2006 3.44pm
I took some bag's to Hotric on Friday, they were very pleased. You have to take them yoursefl though as they don't collect.
zee Tuesday 14 March 2006 11.44am
why are there no proper charity shops round here? I still lug my stuff back to where i lived before.The only ones I've seem here look suspiciously like people making a profit for themselves while posing as charity shops with a vague notice in the window. Where are the Oxfam,Cancer research etc shops that line high streets elsewhere.?
Ivanhoe Tuesday 14 March 2006 11.50am
BHF on NKR?

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User Tuesday 14 March 2006 12.00pm
Southwark Park Road has a couple too.
Jan the old one Tuesday 14 March 2006 12.49pm
Walworth road has quite a few...near east lane...
easyrecall Tuesday 14 March 2006 2.45pm
British Heart Foundation will collect furniture, but I don't think they do clothes.

Google "charity shops" - Walworth Road.
There are at least five charity shops on the Wally road and one of them is bound to collect from you.
zee Tuesday 21 March 2006 9.32pm
Apparently Guy's Hospital also has a charity shop on their premises.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions