17 Collinson Street, SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 October 2001 10.38pm
I am from Canada and am trying to research my family history. My Grandfather and his family used to live in this house/flat, he died many years ago and now no one knows what happened to his parents and sister. The family name is Shea. Maybe you know something or know someone who would. I have been able to trace this family to about 1947 and after that... your guess is as good as mine. Any help is appreciated.
Friday 18 January 2002 1.20am
Hello AManda, I am also trying to find a o'shea or shea family living in the area in and around the 1930's, violet may gower was her real name but she was living with a man who used a lot of alais. for instance, fletcher, o'shea, william, mackenzie,knight. etc. she had a daughter called betty in 1932. but sadly betty died in march 1934. after this violet was said to leave. does this ring a bell to you or anyone else reading this. thanks.
sherry
Thursday 4 April 2002 2.35am
have you tried the local studies library - back of John Harvard library on Borough High Street. All sorts of parish records held there and the staff very helpful. i haven't got a web address though, sorry.
Friday 18 July 2008 10.35am
re 17 Collinson st,i lived at 73 collinson st and that was situated at the Southwark bridge rd end,so number 17 must have been up the other end,near stones end st(that leads on to borough high st) and The Ship public house best wishes Sandra
Thursday 28 January 2010 8.32pm
sandra goggin wrote:
re 17 Collinson st,i lived at 73 collinson st and that was situated at the Southwark bridge rd end,so number 17 must have been up the other end,near stones end st(that leads on to borough high st) and The Ship public house best wishes Sandra
--i used to live 16 queens buildings collinson street
Thursday 23 February 2012 3.43pm
June Lipscombe,

My grandparents lived at 16, Queens Buildings, Collinson Street back around 1912 ish.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: