Searching for playgroups

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
ida
Tuesday 14 March 2006 9.35pm
hello!

I have a 12 months old baby who only sees her dad and I... We want her to meet and play with other babies in the area but I have no clue as to where I can take her. We live at elephant and castle.

please advise.
Tuesday 14 March 2006 10.04pm
Not a playgroup exactly, but Chartehouse-in-Southwark do activities for families with young children. Call Jean on 020-7407-1123 to find out more.
Tuesday 14 March 2006 11.11pm
check out surestart on 02074072335
the "jelly babies" swimming sessions at darwin court and the music session in the rockingham community centre on fridays are both excellent
Tuesday 14 March 2006 11.17pm
I've been to the Whippersnappers music group a couple of times (with my sister and baby niece) and it's excellent - such good fun that I'm almost tempted to have my own baby. Most of the children there seem to be aged one to two, and the woman who runs the group, Eboney, is fantastic,

It's held at the Beormund Community Centre on Abbey Street from 2 - 3 pm every Friday and, as it's Sure Start, it's free.

http://www.whippersnappers.org/newsletter.htm
Tuesday 14 March 2006 11.37pm
Charterhouse run the Chipper Club on Kirby Grove (off Long Lane) most days which has small soft play for toddlers, toys for babies, sensory room on Fridays from 10.30am..

There are also loads of playgroups around Waterloo: Living Space (Wed 10-12), Coin St. Community Nursery (Fri am and Sat 2-5pm), also libraries run baby sessions John Harvard on Borough High Street Tues 10-12 and Thurs pm.

All these places have newsletters & stuff to tell you what's going on, if you live in a Sure Start area register with them & they'll send it to you free.
Wednesday 15 March 2006 8.38am
ida,

Try the One o'clock club in the grounds of the Imperial War Museum and the place (can't remember the name) on Waterloo Road between the park and the Ambulance HQ.

The latter is probably the best starting point, and people there can point you in the direction of more stuff going on locally.

Regards,

Loafer
Wednesday 15 March 2006 9.29am
From the Elephant Rainbows End Playgroup at Hawkstone Hall on Kennington Raod, (that church opposite Lambeth North Tube) used to operate on varous mornings.

Kennington Sure Start operates out of a building at the start (your end) of the Lambeth Walk parade and is very active - and nice people.

Buffer Bears Nursery at Bernie Spain has some sort of open parents and toddlers group, as does the Ethelreds Nursery, and Living Space at Millennium Green - run by Blackfriars Settlement. There is quite a lot at the Family Centre in Coin Street, where Lambeth have based their neighbourhood nursery, if that is not too far away. (Try phoning Coin Street Community Builders.)

Waterloo Community Development Group has Regeneration Funding and employs some sort of family services coordinator.

What would be really nice is if they could give James the information they have collected. James is brilliant on listing bars, restaurants, and clubs. I am making assumptions, but based on his prevous kindness I think he would see listing of children's activities as a way of completing his wonderful community website. If it helps I am happy to edit suggestions and pass it to him.
Monday 20 March 2006 12.50pm
Hi,
I can inform you that there is a FREE pre school Family Learning drop in at Coin Street family & childrens centre (99A Upper Ground) on Thursdays 1.30pm -3.30pm a FREE child minders drop in (parents very welcome) on Fridays 10am-12 noon and familylinks stay n play (term time only) 1.00 per family Saturday's 2pm-5pm. I think they are great and in a fab setting but I would I work here.
G

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: