Regeneration gone the right way...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 March 2006 8.41pm
for once.
since there has been such a heated discussion about regeneration and posh shabby built apartments, i thought i share this one.
a little row of cute houses on southwark bridge road( i think around no. 68/70/76?) are being refurbished to a really nice standard.
it has been an eyesore of burnt out squatted houses which would have fallen prey to some dodgy development at some point, but someone with a lot of care has restored them one by one.
well done, whoever it was!

Monday 20 March 2006 11.52am
that row of houses is a real success. It's been great to watch the progress over the months. I say "well done " to the owners.
Monday 20 March 2006 12.43pm
Who are they?
Sunday 2 April 2006 12.48pm
For anyone who would like to check out the restoration of one of the houses in this row, visit number 80, otherwise known as 'The House of Mr. & Mrs. Antoni & Alison'. It currently houses an exhibition of their photographs and usually functions as their studio. The exhibition is open every weekend in April from 10-6. The house dates from the 1820s and features panelling and floors from the Georgian era as well as more 'modern' bits [from the 40s and 50s] and a new extension, making an interesting and eclectic interior.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: