Recycling, and general problems: solution

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 March 2006 12.25pm
If you're having problems getting action/responses from Southwark, eg about recycling, streetcleaning, whatever, can I suggest signing up to their Streetleader scheme? It means, basically, that you're a nominated "concerned local person" who will report stuff to them that needs doing. Their part of the bargain is that they HAVE to respond to you asap, and all the complaints & comments from Streetleaders are logged and audited.

It helps them, by prioritising certain issues, and it helps us because they actually do something. I've been a Streetleader for about a year, and it's made such a difference! When I read about the plastic recycling here, I sent them an email and got a full response within about 36 hours.

You can find out more at http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/environment/streetleaders/Recruit.html

You can also (as I have done) "adopt" a local recycling point, and they'll work with you to bring it up to scratch. I think the Streetleader programme is really effective, and the more people sign up the more they'll be able to demonstrate to LBS that it's worth carrying on with.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network