Bus Crash on New Kent Road on Wednesday Night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 16 March 2006 5.14pm
It took me almost an hour to get home from Waterloo by bus last night. First, it took 20 mins for a bus to turn up and then there was pandemonium at every bus stop as people tried to squeeze in. We finally passed blue lights and a bus minus its front windows on the New Kent Road near Kwik Fit. The Old Kent Rd was solid with traffic and delayed buses.

Anyone know what happened?
Thursday 16 March 2006 5.19pm
Ah, that would explain why the no. 63 was being diverted up Great Dover Street when I cycled past.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 16 March 2006 5.21pm
We drove by in the opposite direction and it looked as though the bus and a white transit had collided ...
Anonymous User
Thursday 16 March 2006 5.23pm
I saw the bus with a white van crashed into the side but another vehicle must have been removed as the front of the bus was mashed up and the windscreens top and bottom were lying on the road.

There were pieces of vehicle all over the road when I went by, I think I must have been there shortly after it happened.
Thursday 16 March 2006 5.28pm
And that explains why Grange Road was so terribly busy last night. I do hope no one was hurt.
Thursday 16 March 2006 9.42pm
I've been pretty alarmed at the way bus drivers operate here. They are pretty aggessive, even too the point of accelerating toward obvioous red lights, which means people in the bus get jerked around like crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if this was caused by something like that.
Thursday 16 March 2006 10.18pm
A couple of weeks ago I was waiting in for a furniture delivery - didn't happen as the delivery van was broadsided (then shoved into the rear of another van) by a bus coming out of side street near Eveline Rd. All van men plus a number of bus passengers ended up in St Thomas's - the van I was waiting for was a write-off, as was my furniture.
Friday 17 March 2006 9.25am
Wow, Paul, what a bummer....was your furniture new or old, insured or not....what happens in these cases?
Friday 17 March 2006 9.28am
My Mum (who doesn't even live in London) said last night that she'd seen something about his on the news, and it had looked like the bus and the van had somehow hit each other and then the bus had gone into a tree - hence the windscreen being gone. Apparently there were 16 people hurt, but non seriously.
Friday 17 March 2006 12.28pm
16 hurt in bus crash - SLP

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: