Help! - reliable builder/joiner needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 20 March 2006 2.29pm
My first post, so firstly a big HI to everyone.

Can anyone recommend a reliable builder/joiner/decorator to undertake some internal refurbishment work to include erecting internal stud walls, bathroom tiling and some small plumbling work.

Unfortunately, any builder I have contacted has either not bothered to return calls or turn up for a prearranged viewing of the property. One builder did eventually come to the property after two no shows, but then did not send the estimate and was uncontactable thereafter.

I would really appreciate any recommendations. The property is in the Bermondsey Street area.

Thanks in advance
Jac
Monday 20 March 2006 6.51pm
Yep I can recommend the guys who inturn were recommended to me by Jackie I'll PM thier details to you.
Monday 20 March 2006 7.59pm
Yes I endorse Jac's endorsement of my chaps, they are super and very very decent.
Monday 20 March 2006 8.13pm
Many thanks for the information. I will give them a call tomorrow.
Hope to meet up with you soon at one of the social events
Wednesday 22 March 2006 11.36pm
Would appreciate the contact too.
Thanks.
Thursday 23 March 2006 8.59am
Otherwise try Phil of InsideOut. He is an excellent builder and does a lot of work in the area. 07812079922. He is SE1 based.
Friday 24 March 2006 2.58pm
Jac's man (who is actually "mine") is Mariusz, Tel: 07919-037194. He and his team are trained by ME (always good) in terms of work, time keeping, cleanliness etc., and he came to me already with very good decorating and papering skills, plus tiling and so on. He and some of my other chaps got together (they worked for me when I had my building firm) when I retired and regrouped, and they are really excellent. They will NOT overcharge you and are scrupulously honest and decent. If you say Jackie recommended you you will get extra special treatment!
Friday 20 April 2007 4.11pm
Hi,
Did you guys use Mariusz in the end and were you happy with his work?
Thanks
S
Tuesday 27 November 2007 12.05pm
jarmasa wrote:
Hi,
Did you guys use Mariusz in the end and were you happy with his work?
Thanks
S

Anyone willing to offer an answer?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: