Non Smoking Area in All Bar One

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 November 2001 12.07pm
Has anyone noticed the shabby way All Bar One at Butlers is treating their non-smoking customers? It used to be a fairly large-ish area with comfy seats, now they have 4 tables pushed up against the ladies toilet at the other end of the bar.

Also the menu has now changed and vegetarians are obviously not welcome any more. Am I being overly sensitive or have other people noticed the changes too?

We tried to make a complaint to the manager, but was told to write to the head office.
Friday 2 November 2001 11.14am
I too am a non-smoking veggie, and long gave up on All Bar One (except the one at Shad Thames, which has a decent non-smoking area).

As a much better alternative, the veggie food at Slug and Lettuce (nearest one on Borough high st) is fab, and the A/C and hig ceilings mean I rarely notice the smoke..
Tuesday 6 November 2001 4.38pm
You might also moan about the silly prices, short measure in pint glasses, understaffing, and the ridiculous way they present your change on a metal plate in anticipation of a tip. It's a pub for goodness sake!
Try the Dean Swift in Lafone Street where the beer (Adnams) is excellent.
Thursday 8 November 2001 8.52am
I agree with all of the above. Non-smokers need to become more vocal in this country. Why should the rest of us be subjected to smokers' foolish habits? We need more non-smoking areas in restaurants. One of my favorite restaurants is Taz but we are usually sitting extremely close to smokers at the very next table. It always makes us think twice about eating there.
Monday 19 November 2001 3.44pm
The Butlers / Shad Thames are one in the same. The non smokers section has been reduced to a quarter of the size and moved to the other end by the ladies. If your unlucky to get one of the four tables there, you will have to rub elbows with those entering and leaving the loo's. My recommendation, find somewhere else thats cheaper, has a better menu, has staff and doesnt treat you like your guest in a hotel expecting to pay tips.
Sunday 2 December 2001 8.14pm
WOW!!! Get this, I finally got a reply from All Bar One . They said "We moved the non smoking section away so that smokers could use the comfortable section. Weve moved it back but made it smaller" They offered me a voucher for a free bottle of wine. They didnt have any maximum value attached to that offer. So what I would suggest is complain bittering, cross your fingers and you may be able to go in there, get a free bottle of the most expense bottle and then leave. Just dont expect a quick reply.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: