Oklahoma in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Jac
Tuesday 21 March 2006 10.28am
Just going to give a plug (with James permission) for the Inner City Players production of Oklahoma at The Lambeth Mission as mentioned in SE1 Direct.

The Inner City Players are a local amateur dramatic group that has been going for over 30 years and they put on two shows a year, the main one being a musical in March and a smaller production just before Christmas. The mini Jacs have been involved with the group for the last 5 years and it has proved to be a very worth while project as they have got to meet and work with people of all ages and backgrounds - this is not just a kids production. The players also raise money for charity by taking a collection.

Although this year I have not yet seen the show (usually by now I know the schenes and score off by heart) I can honestly say that the previous four shows that I have seen have been very very good, and at only 6 it makes a cheap night out. It would be nice to see some of the forum users giving their support.
The show starts Weds and runs to Sat evening performances are at 7.30pm plus sat mat at 2.30pm. You can get to the Lambeth mission by taking the C10 to the imperial war museum and then it is a short walk along Lambeth road.

Maybe next year we could see some more SE1ers joining the cast.
Tuesday 21 March 2006 3.41pm
Jac- how nice! Are you talking about this week?
Tuesday 21 March 2006 3.43pm
Yes, this week. Details in this week's SE1 Direct email:
http://www.se1direct.co.uk/issues/index.php?issue=280

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jac
Wednesday 22 March 2006 10.58pm
Just got back from the show which was its usual high standard. Hope to see some of you at the other performances.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: