The truth about tall buildings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 23 March 2006 11.46pm
The truth about Tall buildings

The argument about tall building isn't between people that are completely against tall buildings ,and people that think a well designed building in the right place will enhance the sky line.

Its between,

People like Ken Livingston who don't give a dame what buildings look like where they are built or what the people in the vicinity or any one else think.

And every one else( modernist.or traditionalist )

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23 March 2006 11.48pm by mickysalt.
Friday 24 March 2006 7.17pm
Mickeysalt

The buildings are innocent. Its the people who are guilty.

Niall
Friday 24 March 2006 10.23pm
Actually after reading today's standard I should have said making donations to New Labour, to gain planning permission.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 24 March 2006 10.30pm by mickysalt.
Wednesday 5 April 2006 7.23am
One of the problems with what's happening at the moment is that wile every one is looking at the show piece developments
like the shard of glass.
All these other buildings appear that you've never heard of like those towers to the west of Ludagate Circus I don't know what they are but I dont like seeing the Towers in the city spreading west .
Anonymous User
Thursday 6 April 2006 10.25pm
The culture show on bbc2 right now has an article about tall buildings
Friday 7 April 2006 6.46am
I agree with Mickey, the buildings in themselves may or may not be beautiful or practical, but it's where they are going up that is so worrying. And as I posted here a few days ago, the fact that the man-I-most-love-to-hate, Mr. J. Prescott, has been rumbled and as I ALWAYS said there's a nasty correlation between indiscriminate development and the coffers of the Labour party.
Friday 7 April 2006 9.05am
Birdie wrote:
The culture show on bbc2 right now has an article about tall buildings

i didn't get to see it, was it good???
Anonymous User
Friday 7 April 2006 11.26am
They showed lots of graphics of how the city would look with tonnes more high buildings, but I wasn't paying attention I'm afraid.
Friday 7 April 2006 11.44am
You can see a rendering of how the City skyline should look by around 2012 here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishopsgate_Tower
Friday 7 April 2006 12.58pm
One key thing the programme showed was how the so-called protected views of St Pauls were going to be filled in with the new towers, so that from parliament Hill, St Pauls is visible, but right behind it will be our new SE1 towers (Blackfriars, Shard) thus removing the unique St Paul's dome skyline.

Also the view through St James park, now a skyline of a row of treetops with just the wheel sticking up, soon a nice row of towers from the Broadgate to Blackfriars and Doon Street.

No comment on whether the towers themselves are good or bad, just clear that they would impact people and the visual environment suprisingly far from their actual location...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: