Ten Pin Bowling at Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 24 March 2006 9.56am
I want to take some children Ten Pin Bowling. Has anyone been ten pin bowling at the Elephant and Castle? Is it any good there? Is it child friendly? Are there are any other decent alleys near SE1?

Thanks
Friday 24 March 2006 10.05am
I've been there once and it was ok-this was for a kids party but i normally go to Surrey Quays which i much prefer-there are also better places to eat there-and of course the C 10 goes there now so easy to get to!!
Friday 24 March 2006 10.17am
Thanks dee dee for your quick reply. I will go to the Surrey Quays alley.
Friday 24 March 2006 10.32am
How about a Long Laners [and neighbours] C10 - Ten Pin Bowling jolly for the big[ger] kids?
Friday 24 March 2006 11.03am
Great idea jane. I can get some practice in before I take the kids along.

How do we arrange this?

Keith
Friday 24 March 2006 11.13am
Ah, I hadn't got as far as that. However, from experience in witnessing these matters, the debate about which date is best [presumably a week day evening] could go on for several pages, with some potential bowlers falling by the wayside at the last minute. So I suggest you take your kids and practice thrashing them first - at bowling, that is.

Meanwhile I suggest we test the level of interest....anyone?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 24 March 2006 11.14am by janefs.
Friday 24 March 2006 12.54pm
In defence of E&C bowling, I'm not a big bowler but found it fine for an evening out. However (and this is in the evening obv) found it more aimed at adults with plenty of smoking and drinking, plus (admiteddly decent) music blaring out.
Friday 24 March 2006 2.38pm
we went there ages ago - before it closed and reopened, and it was ok, but the one thing that surprised us was seeing a small white mouse running around under the table. We followed it's progress for about half an hour, watching it go and in and out of several holes in the skirting, floor boards, table legs etc.

i normally prefer to go to Surrey Quays.

i'd be interested in an SE1 bowling night.
Friday 24 March 2006 3.00pm
I dont think I've been bowling for about thirty years...I'd love to have a go sometime.
Friday 24 March 2006 4.04pm
We LOVE bowling! Especially if we can tie it in with a ride on the C10 ...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: