Bingo at E+C

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 24 March 2006 4.17pm
I have never seen mention of the Palaces Bingo on the forum. I go about once a month with three friends, and we always have a great time.

Walking in there for the first time is astonishing: it is huge, and I was staggered how I could not have realised that such an enormous space was contained within the shopping centre.

We take our own food, which they don't mind, even though we do go a bit mad with the thermoses and Tupperware. You can also buy fast food in there, and there is a bar. The food is pretty ropey in general, but they do have school dinner style fruit crumble and custard, home-made.

It is very smoky, and most of the clientele are cigging it throughout the session, but there always plenty of seats in the non-smoking section.

They seem to get pigeons in there quite often, swooping around, and my ornithophobic friend gets a bit anxious.

I won the in-house jackpot the first time I went, 1000 but I had to split it with someone who won at the same time.

Go!

Andrew
Friday 24 March 2006 4.29pm
Organise a social.

"10 cards at once" Julie is bound to be there with her marker pens ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 24 March 2006 4.38pm
I think the custard will be what tempts me and my selection of coloured felt-tips
Friday 24 March 2006 4.41pm
Felt tips? You must be referring to a dabber (or dobber).
Friday 24 March 2006 4.47pm
I've been a few times, and they send good offers in the month of your birthday such as free entry, free drinks, free 5 to play with etc.

Good cheesy trashy fun. The link-ups with Felixstowe and Gorlston (or however it's spelt!) are especially amusing and remind me of the scoring in Eurovision, what with the caller who sounds like Terry Wogan!
Saturday 25 March 2006 4.52am
GOSH, a thousand quid jackpot???? I'm off there at the first opportunity. The only time I ever played Bingo was on a rather smart cruise I went on exactly......thirty three years ago, from Venice to Haifa. My late husband and I were on our way back to Israel and I was expecting our first child and we thought "this is the last time we shall be on our own, let's push the boat out "(no pun intended) so we went first class. AND I WON the Bingo. But alas, only a bottle of champaigne, no thousand quids.
Saturday 25 March 2006 10.01am
Yes, I kept my hand on my jackpot (in cash) all the way home, in case I was rugby tackled to the ground by one of the fag-ash Lil regulars.
Saturday 25 March 2006 1.45pm
Andrew ... move this thread to the SOCIALS section at once ...
Saturday 25 March 2006 7.03pm
I would love to go. Just tell me when.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: