Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 27 March 2006 11.39am
I understand that on 18th March, there was a grand opening event at Spa Park. However, the park still looks very much closed to me and I wondered if anyone had any inside info as to when it might be re-opening for real. (I e-mailed the council project team last week, but so far have had no reply).
Monday 27 March 2006 12.31pm
The 'grand opening' was a little sub-dued - small ice-rink, a ballon man, etc. Great to see all the kids making use of the football/basketball pitch/court though. Not sure when it's finally going to open for real..
Tuesday 28 March 2006 7.17am
Really frustrating. The opening was meant to be Autumn 2005, then December 2005. Its now nearly April and its still closed. Its so annoying as its the only real green space in the area, and from what we can see looks amazing.

I really wish Pascale at Southwark would start reading his emails and have the courtesy to acknowledge the regular requests for news. How can you have an official opening...but not really folks - just joking!

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but a little information would go a long way.
Tuesday 11 April 2006 8.43am
I checked this with my contact at the council & the park should be open in 2 weeks (around 25th April)
Wednesday 12 April 2006 2.33pm
And when are they building the adventure playground for the older kids which they implied in their bumf?

My kids have waited so long for their playground in Spa gardens they are too old for the one they've finally installed!

Roll on 25th April - maybe?
The ballon man and the gorillas were good at the grand opening. I'd be nice to have a water focus in the park though.
Sunday 7 May 2006 5.15pm
When does Spa park open. There were people in it today, but the gates are still locked and the temporary fencing is still up. Are the council waiting for winter to set in?
Sunday 7 May 2006 7.20pm
There are now some signs on the fence saying it is opening 8th May (tomorrow!) after emergency tree surgery has been completed. So fingers crossed...
Monday 8 May 2006 11.47am
This morning the gates were open and I had a damp but rather pleasant wander through the park at long last. Rather frustratingly, however, the fenced-off games area (not the kid's playground) was padlocked. Anyone have any idea if/when this is going to be open?
Monday 8 May 2006 1.12pm
Was the cafe open?
Wednesday 10 May 2006 12.56pm
Had a quick peek last night but cafe was closed, and looked like it hasnt opened yet- anyone been there during office hours? Park/plaground and courts were being used by loads of kids.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: