Imperial Court SE1(1)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
JSG
Tuesday 28 March 2006 2.59pm
Dear All
I dont know if this is allowed but I have lived in SE1 for about ten years...

I am currently flat hunting and have viewed a flat in Imperial court in Kennington (which I know is outside the area but I would still be coming into 'town').

Does anyone have any inside information about the flats - only drawbacks I can see are huge service charges and the vacant plot (60 Montford place) that is supposedly owned by Tescopoly?

Jim
Tuesday 28 March 2006 3.51pm
Nice block, expensive service charge. Great area.

I would personally save on the service charge and buy a bigger flat in a smaller block, but that's just me...

Regards,

Loafer
Tuesday 28 March 2006 6.00pm
I lived there for 4 years, from when it just opened. Really liked it but check the size of the flats carefully - they are very small with limited storage space (always a problem in new developments). The porter who is there during the day is useful for deliveries, etc.

Having a gym in the basement is great but NEVER use the jacuzzi as some residents aren't very careful about what goes in there :-)
Wednesday 29 March 2006 6.55am
Not discreet maybe, but can we know what your service charges are? We at Metro Central are permanently outraged by our service charges but comparisons are valuable. A three room flat (about 900 squ. ft) in our block costs around 3,500 quid a year in charges.
JSG
Wednesday 29 March 2006 1.26pm
Thanks to everyone who replied so far keep them coming.

FYI Jackie the service charge quoted for a two bed was about 4000 (including allegedly buildings insurance and a sinking fund contribution).

Incidentally I lived in MCH about six years ago and loved it - thought the service charges were high but reasonable (gym, swimming pool, concierge, parking)...

The jacuzzi there was a bit of a biological hazard (and for once the 24 hour facility had to be stopped due to abuse from straight couples continuing the party from the Ministry of Sound). The worse bit was the shaving man in the sauna however....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: