Christmas party ideas

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 5 November 2001 12.27pm
Please can you help me?
I am trying to organise a christmas party/meal for my work friends and I am finding it hard. They dont want to go any where else than SE1 and for a meal for about 15-20 a head.

Any ideas

Monday 5 November 2001 4.35pm
Why don't you try Simon the Tanner pub on Long Lane, near the corner of Long Lane and Bermondsey Street. They have a tapas menu and cater for parties and it's a nice little pub.
Tuesday 6 November 2001 10.31am
Bankside restaurant is doing a 19 xmas meal menu.
Tuesday 6 November 2001 7.21pm
Or Tas in Borough High Street. Delicious and cheap. Even the wine is reasonably priced.
Thursday 8 November 2001 11.39am
Dear friends

I have been trying to get hold of a game which includes a lot of photographs of every day things close up. The idea that everyone has to guess what they are.

Any ideas? Its for our Christmas day lunch we hold at church for anyone on their own or need some fun. I have to arrange the entertainment ... and its difficult to find games which all ages, and abilities can do.

Friday 9 November 2001 1.24pm
Winter Warmer on board HMS Belfast

Why not celebrate the last days of the year in any of my function rooms overlooking the River Thames just a stone's throw from the city

We still have availability for lunches, dinners and parties for between 15-400 guests.

Don't let the cold weather get in the way of the Christmas Spirit as I am offering a complimentary glass of
Hot Rum Punch on arrival along with free access to my museum until 9.30pm, for Receptions held during the
month of November 2001.

For further information or a brochure, please contact my Sales Manager Nathalia Farfan
HMS Belfast, Morgans Lane, Tooley Street
London, SE1 2JH

Tel: 020 7403 6246 - Fax: 020 7407 0708
Friday 16 November 2001 7.44pm
Dear all

On the 22 th 23th 24th of December at Hays Galleria close to london bridge station there will be taking place the "Dickension Christmas Celebrations"
which will be the biggest Christmas party in London local pubs and restaruants will be taking part as well as all the local attractons. for more information pleases email.
Monday 19 November 2001 10.18am
I was born in 42a Snowsfields, Bermondsey and I will be having a barbecue with my relatives and friends in
Dapto 100 klms south of Sydney NSW Australia.

Would love to spend another Christmas in Bermondsey.
I get the SE1 news letter emailed to me and things have changed over there.

Still brings back memories, iwth names like Long Lane,
Towerbridge Road.

Any way what ever you do for Christmas may it be Blessed and Joyous.

David Fryer
Tuesday 20 November 2001 9.59am
I had my wedding reception at Bankside. It was truly fantastic. Great venue, good food (ingredients bought from Borough market), good service and very reasonable prices. Kelvin, the manager, is very helpful. I recommend it.
Tuesday 4 December 2001 6.27pm
Go to and ring the office on 020 7928 3970. You may still be able to get a booking, I believe you will be surprised at the value for money.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: